Saturday 9 May 2015

Thanks pretty bald !

Hello !
So I have been away for some time and I must apolgies for that.
I have had such a busy month or so , moving in with my boyfriend ,kieran, whos across the country to me and then moving jobs and finding a new one.  Basically im growing up !  But I'm ready for it.

I also wanted to spend some time away to try and find myself . Without this sounding incredibly dramatic of course .
I was always known as 'danielle with the curly fire hair' ( having red and yellow hair of course ) for many years , but when my hair fell out .... well you can feel my pain. We have all been through it or know someone who has.
So over the month away I thought I was coming to grips with my hair loss. My partner kieran couldn't of been anymore supportive if he tried . Hell , I even got to the point I was cracking bald jokes and even making myself laugh.
Many people asked why i wore hats ,id turn round and say 'because im BALD' i must admit i loved seeing there faces ..... so awkward !!
Everyone I worked with new about it and no one cared . I even have a nice thin layer of white hair on my head .  Everything started to look positive !

It then got to the point were I looked in the mirror one morning  and saw a patch of hair missing from my eyebrows . Every positive thought I had was just gone ... I felt so deflated and like I was back at square one . I worked so hard to get over my hairloss, and now I had to watch my face being rubbed out. Its devistating. 
What's worse is that I'm more concerned about my partner. He tells me he loves me and that I'm beautiful everyday . However when I wake up and look in the mirror all I see is a blank canvas . How can you love that ?
How is this beautiful ? 
I don't feel it and being someone who's not flush in money I can't even afford to get my eyebrows tattooed on.

So from someone who Apperently had 'such a cartoon face' ( which was perfect for my acting career) to this blank face,
I'm guessing my next hurdle is to over come this.

I do have alot of thanks to give to the ladies on twitter and pretty bald .
I think without your support and encourageing words . I'd be alot worse of than I am , mentally .
Our alopecia community is the best support group for me and I do love you all !

Best wishes !!

Danielle x

No comments:

Post a Comment