Saturday 28 February 2015

#100HairFreeDays - The Silver Lining Game

When I first lost my hair, I didn't know ANYONE who had been through this, and I struggled to cope with the emotional and psychological impacts of hairloss. How do you handle losing something which seems so much a part of your identity and helps define who you are?

In fact, many days I didn't cope; many days I thought I'd never get through it and I'd always be sad, every day for the rest of my life! For me, my turning point was the day I took back control, handed my mum a pair of scissors and urged her to snip off the remaining straggly locks! From that point on, I determined I'd be positive and started playing what I then dubbed 'The Silver-Lining Game' - a challenge to myself to come up with at least one benefit of losing my hair every single day! It wasn't always easy (and sometimes became very obscure), but I managed it and it became a big part of my acceptance of my alopecia.

Now, inspired by the #100HappyDays trend, I'm going to be running my #100HairFreeDays from tomorrow. I'll be putting one out on Twitter each day (follow us here) and doing a round-up on the blog each weekend! They'll start off fairly normal, but I have no idea if I'll be able to think of 100 so they may become pretty odd or tangential! Also, if you want to chip in, feel free and we'll make sure we name-check you!

Watch out for the first post tomorrow...

Victoria x



www.prettybald.co.uk Twitter: @PrettyBald

No comments:

Post a Comment